I thought I’d do some maintenance in the galley. Not that we cook that much normally besides heating beans. Last trade, we got two tins of pea and ham soup. I thought I’d check the elements and clean the heating unit so that we could have a nice dinner. I managed to pull it all apart, but somehow it doesn’t go back together.
Gris is grunting and groaning trying to put it back together. Oh dear. He says that a part broke when I disassembled the unit and can’t be fixed.
It’s not likely we’ll get a spare part. Looks like we are having cold soup as our special treat.
So best attentions aside, I should have left it alone. A working, dirty heating unit is better than a clean, non-function heating unit.